RoundTable Legal has experience helping clients understand the complex world of intellectual property. RoundTable Legal can help you register, protect, license, and enforce your personal or business intellectual property rights.
Specifically, we handle copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and issues relating to domain names. As a firm we help you file and prosecute applications to register copyrights, trademarks, and domain names with the appropriate government entities (USPTO for trademarks, US Copyright Office for copyrights, and ICANN for domain names), answer registration appeals or office actions, craft licensing agreements and defend or bring forth infringement lawsuits.
When a trade secret is involved, our objective is to maintain the secrecy of our client’s proprietary information. We counsel our clients on the strategic safeguards, such as procedures, protocols and written agreements they can put in place to to secure against disclosure of their trade secret. When disclosure has occurred, we zealously represent our client via aggressive litigation and work tirelessly to minimize further harm.
Intellectual Property litigation comes in many forms. Whether it be suing over the improper or unauthorized use a client’s mark, artistic work, or trade secret; or defending a client against claims of infringement, RoundTable Legal will battle to protect and defend you and your rights.
Trademark Law - Brand Protection
RoundTable Legal works on trademark issues for clients in a wide range of industries. We can help software companies, web based businesses, pharmaceutical companies, restaurants, fashion designers, magazine publications, education providers, artists, and a wide range of consumer products, just to name a few….with all their trademark needs.
Ask us about our flat rate all inclusive Trademark Package from start to finish.
Our Trademark services include, but are not limited to:
- Trademark Registration
- Preparing and filing trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Responding to Office Actions from the USPTO
- Filing appeals with the USPTO
- Trademark Enforcement
- Drafting and negotiating license and assignment agreements
- Drafting and responding to cease and desist letters
- Trademark Litigation
- Defense against trademark infringement claims
You’ve worked tirelessly developing your brand….Let Us help you protect it!!!
Copyright law grants a copyright owner a set of exclusive rights to his or her expression of an idea or information. Copyright exists in a wide range of creative, intellectual, or artistic forms, including poems, plays, novels, movies, musical compositions and recordings, paintings, drawings, sculptures, photographs, and software.
In addition to helping creators copyright their work, RoundTable Legal is very knowledgeable in matters pertaining to fair use, first-sale and exhaustion, ownership, transfer of ownership, and works-for-hire, as well as the intricacies of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Our Copyright Law services include, but are not limited to:
- Copyright registration, licensing and protection
- Copyright litigation
- Copyright infringement
- Fair Use Doctrine
- First Sale
- Drafting work-made-for-hire agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Publishing contracts
- Distribution agreements
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
Domain Name Services
RoundTable Legal can help clients secure their desired domain names from “cybersquatters” and trademark infringers through a mix of letters, negotiations, and arbitration actions.
Our domain name services include, but are not limited to:
- Secure a domain name from a competitor
- Acquire a domain name from a cybersquatter
- Sell a domain name to a third party
- Defend ownership of a domain name against lawsuits and arbitration proceedings
Technology and Software Agreements
Technology and software programs can get different types of protection depending on what you want to protect. For instance, for algorithms, methods, interface features, operating system techniques, program language, a patent can be obtained whereas for the source and object code, a copyright is used.
- Who owns the work product?
- What sort of license and/or grant of rights are you entitled to?
- What happens to you pre-existing intellectual property that you incorporate into a development project?
- What happens and are your ownership interests adequately protected if you are not paid for the services you provide?
What RoundTable Legal Can Do
- Help you draft and negotiate various software and technology agreements, including:
- Software Development Agreements
- Software Licensing Agreements
- Software Consulting Agreements
- Master Services and Statements of Work
- Software as a Service Agreement